Alternate Ways to Make Money Online

Adding to my continuing series of how to make money using your own skills with a brand new eHow step-by-step. If you’re wondering what your other options are in terms of using the internet to make money, read How to Suck It Up And Rely On Yourself To Make Money Online.

While you’re there, a great marketing idea is to sign up for your own free account. You do not have to – or want to – write, but you will be able to vote and socialize with other people by friending, commenting, and recommending writers. They also have a forum for you to participate in. The idea, of course, being that the more you put yourself out there (and for free to boot) the further your marketing and advertising goes, right?

If you do opt to do this (create an eHow account) – whether you write or not – be sure to fill out your profile so you get that link back to your website and/or affiliate program. The more input you give on any profile anywhere, the better. And it’s free marketing for yourself – especially the commenting (be it at eHow or on blogs or in any social community).

Both comments and pings are currently closed.

26 Responses to “Alternate Ways to Make Money Online”

1. Diane Scott says:

My alter ego making the comment that pursuing additional sources of income is always a plus!

2. I think I will add this to my list of goodies! thanks!

3. Linda says:

I really like free linking. thanks!

4. Maureen says:

I hadn’t heard about ehow, but articles are a good way to get content on the internet. One watchout is how many sites have commenting and friending etc.. it can really take time if you are not careful

5. ConnieFoggles says:

Good idea if I can fit it in my schedule, but I’ll pass it along to new bloggers.

6. Sadie says:

That sounds like a great program. I’ll go check it out! Link-backs are always good.

7. vein says:

So how do you actually make money from eHow?

8. Well so far I’m doing okay – sort of in comparison with google adsense. I think that’s one of the ways, there are links to click when you’re reading someone’s how to. Also, I do know (or am advised often) that the more you write the more money you make – so how that factors in I’m not 100% sure LOL! But, I’ve written six so far and am making money. You need to think in steps though and I’m an off the cuff writer mostly.

9. Karen says:

Even if you don’t make money, you will meet some very nice people by blogging.

10. Barbara says:

I have known about e-how for quite some time. There really are articles on just about anything you want to know how to do!

11. ALS says:

I hope that the money you are making is good for all of the effort you put in.

12. spygirl says:

oh yes…. ehow is great for links to your blogs. i get lots of traffic from my ehow account.

13. Maureen says:

Perhaps I’ll sign up for ehow. I feel like I have accounts and profiles in so many places….I can’t actually utilize them all….

14. TheresaCahill says:

Actually doing pretty darn well, thanks for asking. The thing is most people think in terms of “I deserve a huge chunk of money right now.” When, in reality, they’ve never even proved to themselves they can make a single $1 first. It’s like the law of attraction – only someone once called it the law of progression. Prove you can make a little. Think in terms of “Ah! I just covered my pizza for tonight!” (I do better than that LOL, but I hope you get my point). This whole concept of getting rich by doing absolutely less than nothing it works alright… for the person who suckered you in – they are making money hand over fist. Best to pick something you’re passionate about and wrap a business around that – AND realize that you must put forth effort constantly and give it time to grow (and know what the heck you’re doing).

15. cady says:

i’ve never used e-how. i’ll have to check it out.

16. Sadie says:

That sounds really interesting. Thanks!

17. TheresaCahill says:

Hi Sadie, thanks for visiting and commenting! And yes, it is!

18. body detox diet says:

there are lots of make money online schemes these days. but Adsense, YPN, Adbrite and Kontera are the most reliable companies to deal with.

19. Christina says:

I started to check out eHow… I guess I need to follow through

20. TheresaCahill says:

I’d agree with the additional input that the site on which one is showing these ad-type programs needs to be getting a lot of traffic and/or interest. Showing well in the search engines, of course, would also make the difference between so-so results and really pulling in some income from them. Thanks for your visit!

21. Emily says:

Hmmm, by the sounds of it i really need to look into eHow.

22. Donna says:

Thank you Theresa! I didn’t know about Ehow.
    You always give good advice.

23. Side effects of Melatonin says:

i am new to this make money online programs. i used Adsense and Adbrite for making money online.

24. Just keep in mind there are many, many other ways to bring in some cash 🙂

25. Deeann says:

Another excellent article — and eHow is just perfect for what I’m up to. Just perfect. It is literally — and I mean this in all reverence — a Godsend. You are a jewel, Theresa; thanks so much.

• admin says:

Hi Deeann, just keep in mind that the more your write the more money making potential you have 🙂 Write a LOT!